Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Undecided

So today was my mom's running group. We were running the Bethel College Trail 2 times around. On the first lap, we had a little chit chat. We talked about other runs we want to do, for example Rock n Roll Vegas is December 5th and I think that my sis-n-law and I should take a fast weekend and go run it. And we talk about bloggers we read and races they just completed. (see we do love you all!!) And we talked about the Banana (muffin top) outfit I wore this past weekend in Chicago RnR. Apparently wonderful sis n law likes the outfit and thinks it looks good. She incouraged me to go back and look at the photos from my first half marathon this past November. So I did,

I can show to compare for you, since that photographer has an actual copyright block. But she is right. I did wear clothing that was larger. Pants and a longsleeve tee, with a larger regular teeshirt over that. I was not ok with my look. I don't look like I have lost weight, but the working out has redistributed it. I am more comfortable in my look. I wear what is better for me and not better at hiding necessarly. And for the first time in years (we are talking at least 8 years) I am 100% ok with shredding my shirt after a long hot run. Chicago almost got to see that! LOL!! But I was so exhausted and needing to get back to hotel to check out fast, that I didn't give myself the time to loss it.

So, I guess what I am saying is that even if I am not photo perfect yet, I am still feeling better about myself. Maybe soon, the muscle build will slow and the fat loss will increase, thus showing a difference on the scale. Or at least I can pray for that to happen soon. I have been playing with the same 10 lbs for the past 3 years, I need to get over that hump.

So run on friends, and watch out for running bananas!

No comments: