Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Monday, February 22, 2010

Another check off the Lifetime "to do" list

Ok, I did it, another "check" off my Lifetime "to do" List!!
I decided that I was going to be the one to make Cason's Toddler Bed Quilt. So after a little shopping trip with Gma Rojean to Joann's Fabrics one Saturday morning, here the the fabric I chose- all flannels. (It had to match the color scheme of the current room colors so I would have to change the curtains or paint, etc.
Then, after an evening of cutting (shared by gma and myself), this is what I spent over an hour laying out in my living room floor to make sure all the squares we evening distributed. **yes, my son was asleep the whole time**
Then, the next afternoon, I spent Cason's naptime doing a little sewing of squares. *2 1/2 hrs = 12 squares done.

I then spent WWW (westfahl womens weekend) this past saturday/sunday, finishing it. It is after all the squares we done, and trimmed to 10'', then laid out to get blocks distributed evenly again.

After about 9 hrs of working working working, I had the front done and headed home for that night.


The next afternoon, I spent another 2 hours or so finishing it with the backing and a little hand stitching too. And he is loving it!! (and mommy feels like she accomplished something else she always wanted too)
**in this pic, we folded it over so you could see the backing (brown skulls and red strip)**

No comments: