Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Friday, July 10, 2009

Trying to Stay Smiling...


Ok, so with the economy how it is now, and us already being 1 job sort in our house, and my job about to been out the door too,

HOW EXACTLY DOES ONE STAY SMILING?

Well, honestly, I don't know. I play with my kids, I encourage my husband and I pray for help constantly. And still, here I am, awaiting a sign, a miracle, something. I tell myself that this happens for a reason.

My ideas with that are: Maybe it is a sign that I DO need to change careers/ areas of business.

So, I had been toying with the idea of teaching. But I am left with 2 doorways there.

#1: If I want to teach high school, that will require me to go back to school, again. More money, and more time away from my kids.

#2: If I decide to teach College, I can start right now. Althouth I will eventually need to go back to school for my Masters to grow in that field, and that is more money again. Also, it could include MORE time being part of Boards and such.

Now, both of these have matching +'s: I would have MORE time at home with my kids. And I would actually really enjoy myself.

Coaching at the Highschool this past year has been WONDERFUL!! I haven't been happier in a job ever. Even with the minimal pay, the interaction with that level of kids is great!

So, here we are again, still undecided. I did go on and apply at HCC for teaching AND a Career Coordinator position. Maybe one of those will work out. And I have kept applying at other places that have HR openings so that I am covering all my basis. I may only have a couple months before my position is completely eliminated.

When there is a will, there is a way. Right?

No comments: