Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Monday, August 16, 2010

Old Settlers 5K (rebound from vacation)

Ok, I will admit that it has beena TOUGH return to exercise since the little Chicago vacation. I have had my share of HIT AND MISS workouts. This morning, I FINALLY pulled myself out of bed at 5am to drag my vaca-comma butt to the gym. Don't get me wrong, I have attended my Thursday & Saturday morning running groups, but the gym has been harder for me. Now- I didn't work my butt off like usual, I decided that today my goal was to get there and spend an hour. Get my unresponsive body to move at 5am, PERIOD. A nice walk on the treadmill, a nice medium cycle and than Legs day on weights. (that is my most favorite lifting day)
So, ok, I got up, got there and did something. Horray for me.

This past weekend, I aided my Sis-In-Law, MotherRunner, with keeping her kiddos while she and FatherRunner (her hubby) ran the Georgetown/Idaho Spgins half in Colorado. The kids were easy, polite and great, ofcourse. And we are always hapy to lend a hand when needed. I helped with the paper route, took care of dogs/cat, and even got them up at 6am on Saturday for the Halstead Old Settlers 5K Run. (race was at 730am but we had a paper route to do first) LittleFoot (their daughter) did the 2 mile Run. And she did very well, snagging herself the 3rd place metal for the age group. BigFoot (their son) ran the 5K. He is a teenage, so I was happy to keep him in my sites ( a few blocks ahead of me) until around the 1 mile range. Than he was GONE, POOF, never to be seen again until the finishline. He did good as well, snagging the 2nd place metal for his age group.


I came around the corner for the final 3 blocks, and I could see BF and LF waiting for me at the finish. It was a cute experience, my little cheering team. LOL! So, I did well, getting a PR of 33:03. But alas, no metal for me. (5th or 6th in my age group) Someday I will quit telling people about the race and then MAYBE I will metal. LOL!!!

The rest of the weekend was filled with friends, a "teaser" rain shower and a lazy sunday filled with movies.

The weekend ahead is filled with hubby's first day back to college (today), and BigGirls first day of Kindergarten (Thursday). What is in store for you??

BTW- don't forget my GIVEAWAY here!!!!

1 comment:

funderson said...

woohoo! on the pr...that is a great time, lady!