Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little food for thought....

Wednesday at Newton High School was SADD "death" Day. (For those of you that recall SADD in our day, it stood for Students Against Drunk Driving, however a year or 2 ago, it was changed to Students Against Distructive Decisions-- good move, I do believe)

Anyhow, when I got to Practice that afternoon (btw- this is my second year assistant coaching NHS softball), one of my girls was painted up. She was one of the "dead" students. They are to go through the day as a normal day, HOWEVER they are not allowed to speak or respond in any way to anyone. This is to help kids get the feeling of what it would be like if one of their friends or classmates was gone. I find it to be a very strong point, and hope it helps kids.

In Staci's case, she was excited and proud of herself for not making a peep all day. LOL! So I snapped a couple shots of her for this blog, in hopes to pass the information on to other families.

No comments: