Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sun Run 10K

I had the Easter Sun Run 10K this past weekend. And the hubby and my BigGirl had there first ever registered 2 mile walk. (yeppie!!) **LittleMan just enjoyed the Crusin' Ride**

I had a good run, except for the little fact that they marked the kilometers and not the Miles. So I was all confused and thinking "Crap! i am rockin' this thing! 59 minutes here I come!!" Until marker #7 and then it hit me, "these are freakin' kilometers!" AWHH. So, after I kicked myself in the ass for pushing harder than should have too soon. I crossed the 10K with a 1:09:46... still a PR for me.

So I changed my shirt, put on wind pants, cheered on my friend Liz for her 2 mile run (like 20 minutes YEPPIE) then lined up with the Hubby, BigGirl and Littleman (in the stroller). We started out and the Hubby was POWER WALKING! So, I sent him on his merry way with LittleMan and had a nice walk with my 6 year old BigGirl. She kept telling me how she wished we could run.... (say WHAT?! thats my girl) so we decided that we would do a 1 mile run together this week and see how she does. So after the Hubby crossed at like 33 minutes!! He and Littleman turned around and headed back for us. we crossed around 45 minutes. Yeah BigGirl! She power walked her little behind across the finish and was happy to head for food.

All in all a good saturday morning :-) And a great Easter weekend.

On the calendar, Wichita Half Marathon this sunday morning.

AND HEY!! Don't forget about the SURPRISE GIVEAWAY!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on the PR!! You rock!

funderson said...

well done on the pr!!

All About Andrea (etc...) said...

Way to go! keep it up!