Run hard, Play hard, Love Hard

Run Hard, Play Hard, Love Hard

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon

Well, OKC was great. (But let me tell you a little secret, Oklahoma is NOT flat. I repeat, NOT FLAT!)



So, Saturday morning, right before we were to leave. LittleMan decided to be a " BIG BOY". He asked to go to the potty, and took a dump and a wizz!! WHOOT WHOOT for LittleMan!! (Mommy then turns around, looks at Daddy and says "SHIT! This is going to be a LONG 3 hr trip and weekend dealing with this."
So, off we went, meeting MotherRunner, FatherRunner, LittleFoot, BigFoot, FastRunnerFriend and her family, and MotherRunners "extra help" friend at their house to caravan to OKC. Thanks to a stop in Perry, OK and movies, the kids did great on the ride.
*Yes, Cason made another dump and wiz in Perry.*

When we got to OKC, it was BUSY CRAZY INSANE!!! Their was a Thunder Basketball playoffs game, a New Art Park Opening, and the Expo. All in the same 2 blocks downtown!!! WTH?!?!?!
We did however finally pay for parking, get in the EXPO and get our stuff. I also purchased a New http://www.onemoremilerunning.com/ tech shirt  "13.1 miles, been there, run that" and a new sticker from them too "My sport is your sports punishment" LOL!! I thought my softball girls would like that one!!
We did get to the OKC Memorial before sun down. It was amazing. Speechless is all you can say. It was very moving and I can see how being here is emotional (more on this farther down)
The daddy took pics from his phone, Thank goodness, b/c mommy left the camera in the car. Blocks away.
 That is mommy, BigSis and LittleMan.
This is what I wore, add in the 2 GUs the water bottle and ,my number ofcourse.

Here is the medal, my new tech and sticker I bought. We got a plain tee for running, not my favorite, but nice.
Here I am, running, running, running. Here is how it went:

Start: It took 10 mins for me to cross the start line. LOTS OF PARTICIPATES! LOTS OF EARLY MORNING CROWDS CHEERING!!

Mile 1: Duck and Weave, Duck and Weave

Mile 2-3: Somewhere in here, there is a STEEP ram!! I mean, I turned the corner and said OUTLOAD "SHIT!" I climbed that ram, and thought "that was the worst"

Mile 4-6: WRONG!! More hills, I am starting to notice a trend here. Straightaway, a few turns, then a hills. REPEAT times 20. Throw in the Oklahoma State Captial (nice), a LOT of crowd support and Gorilla HILL!! (aka large blow up gorilla in housing area, with people dressed up as bananas under him. LOL!! Apply signage that said something like "Aint this a BITCH!?"

Mile 7-9: This is ROUGH!! I am feeling like I am dying at this point. Thankful for the "Luau water stop" Yes there was water, powerade, fruit, Gu, wet spounges, pretzels, crackers, and dancing.

Mile 10: huh, I am having a hard time breathing. My chest is a little tight. Oh well, just keep pushing, Almost done. HEY! There goes the lead of the full marathon!!

Mile 11: There have been some much water stops on this run, I am logged!

Mile 12-13: WHAT IS THIS LAST HILL!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

Mile 13-13.1: I see the finish, The crowd is INSANE!!, I start targeting people, passing, passing, passing, there is one in shape young guy ahead, I WILL PASS HIM!! I speed thru the gap, pass him at the last 2 paces and come in at  2:47:08!! A personal best and a 4 min 40 sec cut!!!

Finish - 8 paces after: Slow down, try to high five, cant lift arm, cant breathe, what is this loud wheezing?! Had to stop, slumped over, 2 volunteers trying to talk to me. I keep hitting chest and wheezing, dont you hear this?!!! They tell me I need to go to med ten, and I have to get in wheelchair (what!?? NO WAY) I can walk, (thinking daddy and kids are watching this all) They force me in chair and wheel me away. I get to Med Tent and try to refuse treatment. NO GOOD, nurse is a stickler. (Panic, Daddy will be tearing down tent and fight off security to get to me-- none of this happens) Get checked out, giving albuterol treatment, pretzels,and powerade.
FINALLY I CAN LEAVE (t-minus 20 mins later) I get to food and drinks after tent. WOW-- if only my body wasnt shutting down. I would have eatten it all 20 mins ago!!! I collect all I can for kids. Find them and rest of family awaiting me. THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED!! The crowd was too thick to try and get to watch me finish! (Initial thought: THANK YOU!! I didn't want to deal with panicing husband---- Thought later that night: WTH!! Why did I bring my little family if no one say me run!!!!!!?)

Well, I have seen my MD and we have a plan set for my August Rock n Roll in Chicago. I am good to go. And I will be demanding my hubby to see me finish!!! And my new goal is 5 mins cut!!!!!!! (2:42:08)



No comments: